For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's been a glorious day in my sleepy hometown. However, my life has been anything but lulling. :) Hours and hours were spent in teaching music lessons. I've had the great joy of watching a certain young fellow really blossom in his studies during the past several weeks. A short time ago, the little seven year old was just about ready to "quit piano". (I have to recount such things in hushed tones; the word "quit" is utterly forbidden in my home.) :) Well, I urged the boy's mother to make him "stick with it" for just a little while longer, and I'm thrilled to see that he's developed wonderfully in the past month. He's truly putting his heart in it and being quite inquisitive, too. :) It's "one of those moments" that makes a teacher's spirit soar...one can actually see the positive change in another's life.

Earlier this afternoon, I was teaching my baby brother, Peter, his kindergarten phonics. He's a little over six now and has reached the near-end of his first year in school. He's still saying anything but "crash"...cwash, cwaps, etc. Finally, when he's nearly "blue in the face" from exasperation, he actually positions his tongue and lips, as I suggest. Then, with great drama, he "rolls out" a perfect "crash". :) I love to help my mother with the children, but the teaching became, quite suddenly, even more intriguing today...

For several weeks, I've been hosting a Korean girl in our home. This is her first visit to the States, and she came with great hopes of learning the English language and, also, American methods of home schooling. For weeks, I've been teaching her "in-depth" lessons in English, and she's progressed very well, thus far. Today's phonics lessons with Peter provided the perfect opportunity for some study in pronunciation with my sweet guest. A mispronunciation of "crash" turned out to be the very least humorous of the words said in the next hour. :)

All in all, the hours spent in helping others gave me a good perspective on why God allows us to learn, in the first place. When I've tried to be faithful to "study to show myself approved unto God", He has continued to give wonderful opportunities to share what's meaningful with so many others. God has been very good, indeed. :)

I musn't tarry here long, for I've much study and writing to do 'ere the dawn comes. :) Blessings on you, this night.

2 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

hello amy. i have the embarrassing habit of not recognizing people when they visit my blog. so, please forgive me as i ask, do i know you? thanks for your comment, and enjoy the site. good luck with yours too! do you have any readers yet? lata!

May 18, 2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

'Afraid you don't know me. :) A good friend of mine attends LeTourneau, and her mother sent me a link to Josh's blog. (I spent some time in Korea myself.) It's been great to have a glimpse into the culture, once more. :) Anyway, I looked into his links last night and found yours rather enjoyable. I'm just about the least likely person in the world to blog. :) I only opened one in order to comment, but God convicted me after several weeks of writing absolutely nothing that I was wasting an opportunity of telling others how much I love Him. :) So...we'll see how it goes. I'm enjoying it, thus far. :) Thanks!

May 18, 2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home