For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Friday, May 19, 2006

I've just returned from a blisteringly hot walk. The Texas Hill Country is lovely, indeed, but at times, its heat can be cruel. :) I was about two miles from home when a landscaping company's huge trailer passed me by and sped up a hill in front of me. In a few moments more, a fragrant zephyr made its way back to me, carrying with it the scent of rosemary. Ah...in an instant, I'm back at a favorite little restaurant enjoying the flavor of rosemary and some gourmet cheese. :) Oh, I'm sorry about that slight diversion...back to the topic at hand. As I crested the hill, I came upon a large bush of the herb which, apparently, had blown from the trailer. So, I did what any other "average individual" would have done and picked it up. My intention was to tote it home and have my brother plant it in his garden for my later enjoyment. (He has an incomparable "green thumb", while I have the "black thumb of death". ...Hence his garden.) :) I hadn't walked another quarter mile before vehicles began passing me again. I can only guess what their drivers were thinking as each one answered my "hello there" wave with a quick, friendly smile. "What kind of girl simply walks over to someone's garden and brazenly pulls up whatever she wants for her own?" :) I didn't much care, however; I'm from strong stock and try not to be too dissuaded by others' ill-informed opinions, so I kept on walking homeward with the gleaned rosemary in hand. :) Well, the little plant's now happily planted in my brother's garden, and soon, I will able to enjoy some of its plenty in my meals.

Scorching as the hours were, actually God gave me a beautiful day. He even gave me a good reason to laugh at myself, and such opportunities should never be squandered. Some of the most fun I've ever had in life have been those times when I've looked at myself and enjoyed a good dose of humility. :)

Have a wonderful day, my friends. Find something to bring you a smile, and hopefully, your weather will be a bit milder than mine. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

July 18, 2006 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

July 20, 2006 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home