For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Thursday, March 29, 2007

The cacophony of the busy day has finally settled itself. I find, in its place, a quiet, lulling melody of nighttime wind and crickets "singing" in the soft moonlight. It's a beautiful, restful evening, one in which I find myself especially aware of God's goodness in my life, and I've decided to sit down for a little while and simply list the blessings given me by His hand...

1.) Salvation and redemption--I can't put their worth into words. 2.) A heavenly home awaiting me. 3.) A priceless relationship with my loving Father God. 4.) Limitless opportunities to serve my Lord and minister at His feet, mirroring His heart to others. 5.) Parents who have faithfully led me in love and righteousness, all my days. 6.) Siblings that mean more to me than life itself. 7.) My sweetheart: a precious, Godly man growing ever dearer to me; I see more beauties of his character with the passing of each day. 8.) Friends that have been at my side, through laughter and tears; these relationships have become even more treasured through our journeys together. 9.) Music...and how my life gets to be "wrapped up" in something so profoundly moving to the soul. 10.) Health and a passion for life.

11.) A strong roof over my head and a warm bed in which to find shelter from the night. 12.) The pleasures of learning, through which both the mind and soul can be strengthened. 13.) Friends who are engaged. (I love seeing God work in your lives...Congratulations, dear ones!) 14.) Resurrection Sunday is coming soon...Oh, how I long to be in the sanctuary, rejoicing in Christ's triumph over death and hell! 15.) Four babies whose unwed parents have made the choice to lovingly bring them into this world...God be praised and may He bless you, precious little ones. 16.) Showers of blessing have come to Texas. :) 17.) My best friend, Aimee, is returning from the China mission field in a mere five days. (I can't wait to welcome you home with a grateful embrace, dear friend!) 18.) I have the joy of teaching music to children...and much more. I'm given the privilege of ministering to their souls, as I guide their fingers and grow their minds. How good God is... 19.) The Lord has given me the blessing of hard work; I go to bed exhausted every night, having lived life to its fullest and redeeming the days. 20.) I know I am loved...by God and so many others. Few hearts may ever know such blessedness.

The evening hours are fading into those of the morning, so I'd best be off to bed now. I couldn't leave you all, however, without first telling of God's great kindness. Each of you, to me, are a dear and beautiful gift from a loving Father, and I just had to tell you before I could sleep. :)

"God has been very good to us...very good, indeed."

3 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

Amy--I love you, and I love hearing of all the blessings God is working in your life. I've been praying faithfully for you and your "sweetheart," and my soul is warmed as I see your love for each other grow upon the foundation of God's agape love.

I've been up half the night, wrestling with my heart, meditating on God's word, and it indeed such a magnificent blessing in our lives. The ability to serve Him fills me with such a sense of gratitude because HE has done so much for US.

Pray for me, Amy, as I wait on God to direct my path.

Thank you for sharing your heart. I love you.

March 29, 2007 4:44 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, sweet Paigel. I love you, too. :)

March 31, 2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Amy--I received your package yesterday in the mail. Thank you so much! Last night I even found time to sit down with my Bible, with Josh Groban crooning softly in the background. The picture-frame now adorns my desk, a constant reminder of home. :D

I love you!! And you should check out my latest post. Feedback would be wonderful!

April 04, 2007 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home