For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

I write with a familiar face held dear to my heart. My precious brother, Bryan, has left us for a short time, going deep into Mexico for mission work. He's joined a wonderful group of friends from our church, Currey Creek Baptist in Boerne, Texas. The sweet boy hugged me farewell yesterday morning and waved as he drove away with two of his best friends, Mr. and Mrs. Brooks. Both of these dear people have long been treasured Sunday School teachers to several of our children, and I'm thrilled that Bryan will be in their company. Please, join me in praying that God will richly bless their time of ministry "South of the Border." I know God has great things He can do through willing vessels, and I'm praying that world-changing things will be accomplished for the sake of His kingdom and the glory of His name. :)

Much love, my dear ones!

4 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

that's awesome that he's going on a trip to mexico. heather and i are going to nicaragua in march. you might already know about that though.

oh - hi!!! my bad. did i leave out the salutations? sorry for the silence lately. i hate to say it, but it's almost like i'm losing interest in blogging. i feel bad that i'm not even keeping up with the blogger life of all these people i love and read about. i hope all is well. things are more than well with me. i'm so full of wellness that it's about to just well up and make a puddle of wellness everywhere. you know what would be totally awesome? if you could come to town in august and we could meet you and you could be at my wedding and it would be two wonderfully terrific things. probably not gonna happen, huh? oh well. it's just beginning to be late and i'm waxing loquacious (as i am wont to do almost any time after 11). have a fabulous week and i'll ttyl.

January 17, 2007 11:10 PM  
Blogger Magnificent Man said...

My internet's been down for days and days, following the huge storms that swept through the area...I've not been much good at blogging either. :)

Our church goes down to Nicaragua, several times a year, for missions, and they always return, having been immensely blessed by God's hand at work, in their midst. I'm sure you and Heather will have a tremendous time there! :)

It makes me so happy to hear that you're so full of wellness. :) (That's a great thought, isn't it?)

I'd actually be tempted to come up to East Texas for the wedding...if it weren't on my beloved brother's 18th birthday. :) I'm really grateful for the honor of an invitation, though. You must promise to somehow post pictures of the blessed event for the sake of "poor distant ones" who will not have the joy of attending.

I'm too lazy to get a dictionary out right now...What exactly does "loquacious" mean? :)

Have a frabjous week!

P.S. If I have even twenty spare minutes tomorrow, I'll try to complete my draft to explain much of my past week...it'll probably be an interesting read. :) God bless!

January 19, 2007 4:31 AM  
Blogger Magnificent Man said...

Sorry! This is still Amy. My brother's messed with all my settings, and I somehow can't find my usual account. :) Ha!

January 19, 2007 4:36 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

does this work?

January 19, 2007 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home