For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Thursday, November 30, 2006

I just finished a lengthy phone call with a dear friend, one who is very preciously falling in love. I'm just delighted to be a witness to all that God's doing in her life. All that to say, I'm quite in the mood for some endearing poetry and thought I might share a bit with you. :) Enjoy the reading, my dear ones!

She Walks in Beauty

She walks in beauty like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face--
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent.

Lord Byron

May we all the find the joy of hearts whose love is innocent. So very greatly, this world longs for such love. Whether it be the simple kindly gaze at a passing stranger, the embrace to comfort a grieving friend, a note that quietly whispers "I love you," or prayers unheard by this earth, there are so many ways in which to share a heart full of the Father's affection for the world He created. May each of us find some way in which to be an expression of His character, "of a heart whose love is innocent."

Good night, my dear ones!

1 Comments:

Blogger Noel said...

Your literary style has a touch of contemporary appeal which is both refreshing and chic. It reminds me of the style of writing I attempted to employ long ago yet unsuccessfully due to my impatient nature as a brash young man.
Please forgive the unwarranted comment; I just didn’t want you to get discouraged and discontinue your writing.

January 02, 2007 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home