For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's a blustery day here in Holland...Holland, Michigan, that is. :) The last several days have found me ministering in a wonderful church, and I've absolutely fallen in love with the beauty of the area. I'd certainly return again. The fellow ministers in the church had precious spirits, so much was accomplished for the kingdom of God (by His grace alone), and I've even been given the additional gift of being among fields aflame with hues of autumn foliage. This all was combined to make an absolutely beautiful experience.

In a few minutes, I'm to be boarding a flight homeward, and I'm praying my beloved "wintry winds" will not hamper the flight schedule in any way. :) I have no choice but to make every last one of my flights, this evening. My home church's music ministry is counting on me for the weekend's service, and even one botched flight would make sure I never greeted tomorrow's sunrise in San Antonio. :)

There's not really anything of profound worth that I can share right now...I've been too busy to do much "thinking." Mostly, I've been "doing" and hardly sleeping. :) I did, however, want to send warm wishes your way and let you know I'm thinking of all my friends tonight. I pray God will give you much joy, this evening and a Sabbath, rich in the wonder of Him, tomorrow.

Much love and many blessings, my dear ones!


This is just a random picture from Scotland... (Instead of overwhelming all of you with the entire collection of 1700 pictures, I thought it might be kinder to share a few at a time.) :) This is a lovely lighthouse, just of the coast of the Isle of Iona.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that is lovely, Amy! Thanks so much for sharing this with me! God bless!

October 30, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

hello friend. you sure are travelling around a lot. very beautiful picture from scotland. have a good week.

October 30, 2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks, both! :)

You're more than welcome, Amy. "My pleasure." 'Hope it brought you a smile for the day!

Jordan, by the grace of God, I'm finally home for a bit and very grateful for that. :) It's good to hear your hello!

Blessings to you both. I hope all is well! :)

October 31, 2006 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home