For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I somehow keep thinking that I'll get better about writing frequently on my little site here. It hasn't happened yet, I'm sorry to say. :) To be completely truthful, it may be quite a while before life slows down and allows me to write as much as I would love. So, please, continue to "bear with me," my dear ones, in the meantime.

I just finished my devotions a few moments ago and find myself, once more, utterly in awe of my precious Father's heart for me. There's nothing so sweet to read as His "love letter" to me...the Word is my delight. :)

A few verses, especially, gripped my heart this night, and I thought, perhaps, their promises might bless you, too.

"The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; You hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. I bless the Lord Who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let Your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." --Psalm 16:5-11

May the words bless you! I hope you are all doing very well, and I send my love, as always. :) God be with you all!


Here's a quick photo of me, during my stay in Scotland. There are some gorgeous sceneries to be shown, and I'll try to share a few of them quite soon. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hello, Heather! Thank you so much for saying hello. :) I'm glad the verses were used to touch your heart. God be with you!

October 19, 2006 6:53 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

I love you, Amy!!!!

Thanks for the verses, dear one; what with traveling, my schedule's all off, and those were the first verses I've read all day. (No wonder I've been grouchy. :p)

I miss you, sweetie. Give Cheney a hug from me on Sunday since he chooses the ONLY Sunday I can't make it home to be baptized.

When life finally slows down, or even before, you should come visit me. I have a spare bed now! And if visits are impossible, I'm only always a phonecall away.

infinite x's and o's.

October 20, 2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What is it that the Word says...that the heavenlies rejoice when a lost one comes to Jesus? I'm sure there will be quite a celebration on Sunday as our dear friend takes the next step in his newly-embraced faith. :) I'll tell Chaney "hi" for you.

I'm grateful you're only a phonecall away, especially since visits do seem to be impossible. :) (I won't even venture to tell of my schedule, this past week!) Keep up the good work, and keep running a good race for our precious Jesus.

Infinite "x"s and "o"s back to you!

October 21, 2006 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home