For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Thursday, August 10, 2006

There's a delightful breeze sweeping through the Hill Country tonight. What a blessing! I just returned from a jog with my sweet brother, Bryan (12), and our time was made so much more pleasant by the company of the cooling winds. :)

Earlier today, most of my family departed for Austin. They're not to return until late tomorrow evening, and Bryan and I are "holding down the fort", in the meantime. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but our home possesses quite a resplendent menagerie. :) It'll require a good portion of care, since there are only two humans here, but I don't mind. :)

My family's collection of animals actually brings me a good smile. As soon as my students complete their lessons, they always take the "long way back" to their car and are sure to stop by and visit all the the furry friends, on the way there. :)

The majority of my evening has been dedicated to recording. I've not had the studio equipment "up and running" in, at least, a year and a half here. Our home went through a huge remodeling project--actually, it's still "in the works"--, and I had to move all my gear to a safer location. Finally, I was able to close in some walls, however, and I arrived home from worship team practice, late last night, and found that my dear dad and brother had spent their entire evening reinstalling all the equipment for me. I'm a really happy girl. :)

I wish I could say that I'm in the middle of recording a beautiful CD; I'm still in the copyrighting process and have to provide "scratch" copies of all my work to the Library of Congress, for the task at hand. It actually goes against everything in me...I'm the type that would try a song two weeks straight, if that's what was needed to get a good "take." The hard, cold truth, however, is that I have to do less than perfect cuts, "just to get them done" and sent in. Apparently, the good copies come later--At least, that's what all my "professional" friends tell me. :)

Anyway, there's always at least one or two notes that I just find irksome, in the final cut. Perhaps, no one but me would notice, but all of you would certainly be afforded a good laugh by watching me unavoidably cringe when I hear one of "those spots" coming. :)

Life, this week, has really been busy--it's nearly swept me off my feet, at times, though I hate to admit it. One of my oldest and dearest friends and her family have really needed me, in the past many days. Her beloved mother was on her deathbed, and I've tried doing all I could to be of service to her. Well, I was saddened, Tuesday morning, by the news that the precious elderly woman had finally "left us." An incredible saint of God has returned to the true home of her heart. She's far happier now, I know. I must, however, honestly tell you, her death actually grieved my heart more than I thought it would.

God's been ever so gracious, though. He's given me all the strength I've needed--minute by minute, and I've been able to offer encouragement and comfort to all my dear ones who have lost such a loved one. Pray for the Spencer family, please, if the Lord brings them to your mind, during the days to come. Pray, also, that God will lead me to love them in whatever ways are best.

I'd best be off, for now. There's lots more to be done, before I'm able to "call it a night." :) I'm truly grateful for all of you, so thank you for stopping by and offering your sweet friendship and encouragement, whenever you can. God be with you all!

"You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God..."
--II Corinthians 3:2-5--

All our lives have been inscribed by the hand of God and written not with ink, but with His precious blood. May we ever only find our sufficiency in His strength, and may He use us to write His love upon the hearts of others... Good night, my friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

I'll definitely be in prayer for both you and your friend's family.

I miss your menagerie...*sigh* I miss your house, and your music, and you.

Seattle was fun; we're currently touring around Washington state. Our current hotel room is AMAZING. I have NEVER been this pampered in my life. *sighs contentedly*

Pray for me about the whole "guy" thing; I don't want my imagination to run away with me...that doesn't ever accomplish anything.

Anywho, I'm tired, but I LOVE YOU!

See you in just over a week!

August 11, 2006 11:08 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I will pray, I assure you. Imagination can so easily run away, can it not? I know God's very best will be accomplished; we're just in a time where we have to wait to see what it is. :)

'Can't wait to see you, dear friend, and thanks for saying hello. :)

August 11, 2006 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home