For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Monday, July 24, 2006

Hello, my friends! I hope you, too, have been blessed by a wonderful day. I'm heading out, in just a little while, to go walking, and the Hill Country is very lovely tonight. A breeze has swept its way into our area, and I only wish it was here to stay. :)

My day has been filled with all the "heaviness" of massive homework, so when someone told me of a humerous happening today, it gave me even more pleasure and lightness of heart than it would have, under normal circumstances. :) I thought some of you might enjoy the opportunity to laugh at and with us, too!

Several days ago, my mother remembered that her sister's birthday was near at hand, so she purchased a beautiful card for her loved one. That served to remind her that a old family friend shared the same birthdate, so we picked out a wonderful card for him, too. The weekend was even busier than most, but we gave a concerted effort to write hand-penned notes within the little cards and rushed them off to the airport post office, around ten p.m. one night. Wanting the letters to have the best possible chance of reaching their much-loved recipients by this morning, I admit I was quite well-pleased that my family had given such a good effort. :)

Well...this afternoon, my mother called my aunt, and my cousin answered the phone. Mom quickly said, "Hi there! Is your mom around the house? I wanted to wish her a happy birthday." A few moments of silence passed before my cousin replied, "um...yeah she's here...but it's not her birthday." My mother nearly dropped the phone, as the realization came to her that the birthday wasn't until August. My aunt still took the call and thought the whole situation was as funny as could be. :)

Of course, Mother's sister took it all with a well-humored laugh. The more humiliating scenario was the fact that an old family friend, also, received his "birthday card" today--only it was a month early. :)

We've never, ever done something like this before. You've got to believe me. I remember a few "select" birthdays and trust my mother to remember any other ones of great importance. That would have worked this time, too--except that my mom's in a transition time of her thyroid medication. To put it mildly, my valedictorian mother's mind is a bit less "connected" than usual. I don't bear humiliation too easily, but what a good laugh we shared, when all was said and done! :)

Anyway, there aren't too many earth-shatteringly important lessons in this little post--just some cause for good humor. :) However, I think God takes great pleasure in seeing His children smile, so take a few moments and thank Him for the joy He loves to add to our days.

I hope you will all have a marvelous night, and I send my best wishes to each of you! God be with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home