For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I know it seems as though I've "fallen off the face of the earth", but I assure you, my friends, I am still here. :) ...sorry about that.

Our family celebrated a wonderful Independence Day yesterday. I was less than thrilled about having to get up by six am on a "supposed holiday", but coming to my senses, I quickly realized that this was to be a great day and I wouldn't want to miss a minute of it. :)

We arrived in Austin, around eight-thirty, and found our place in the Alandale Parade, of which my father's family has been a part for at least fifty years. I've been a member of the jubilant crowd there, for as long as I can remember, and I've certainly participated in my share of flag waving, bike riding, and period dressing.

Well, my little sister, Anna, has been begging me, month after month, to dress up with her for this year's parade, and after promising her I would, I held true to my word. We arrived in full antebellum splendor, and for the love of my dear little sister, I completed the entire walk, even though the humidity could've easily squelched someone. :) It seems the sisterly endeavor was well-blessed by God, for we received second place in the "Best Costume" category, and Anna has been "on cloud nine", ever since. (You should have seen her face, when she had the joy of showing her official certificate to our mom, Mema, and beloved cousins galore.) :)

'Ere long, I was home again, and my evening was spent, reveling in the beauty of a good thunderstorm and hours spent in worship before God. It was such a wonderful day, and I am unspeakably grateful to my loving Lord; the fact that He has given our nation such favor is still a wonder to me, but even more deeply, my heart is stirred to thankful humility by all that the Savior has given to free my heart. So tonight, I look over all the yesterdays that have come before, and I can't wait to stand as witness to all I know the Lord will do in each of the tomorrows to come. :)

God be with you!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! You probably don't remember me, but I remember you. I'm Hailey Frantzen, friend of Malachi Pagan. We have always just been mere acquaintances, but I wanted to leave you a comment on your blog. I just started reading your blog and have greatly enjoyed it. You have a special way with words...
~Hailey

July 06, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hello, Hailey! I'm sure I'd remember you, as soon as I had a chance to see your face, once more. Lord willing that will not be too long in coming. :) Thank you for saying hello; I'm so glad to hear you've been blessed by reading. You're welcome anytime. God be with you!

July 06, 2006 6:44 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Amy! First and foremost, I love you. I miss you incredibly, and I can't wait until we can sing together again and stay up all night being girly.

Second, I'm glad you had a wonderful Fourth of July. I spent the first hours of the day rearranging my furniture. I didn't fall asleep until after three. Once I rejoined the conscious, I went into Santa Fe with a group of some other summer staffers, and we participated in some street evangelism on the plaza downtown. We handed out sandwiches to the homeless, and my friend brought his guitar. We sang God's praises right there, which attracted a lot of people who might otherwise have walked right by. It was an amazing experience; I only wish you had been here to share it with me.

I wrote you a letter...I wonder if it's had time to arrive yet...

xoxo.
Love you, sis.

July 06, 2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

glad you had a good fourth. mine was quite a frabjous affair. and gosh, congratulations on your costume prize. i would hate to wear mine in a july parade. good'ay!

July 06, 2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ah, so wonderful to hear from all my friends! Thanks, guys. :)

Paigel, I received your sweet note, yesterday afternoon, and a reply is already "winging its way" to you, as we speak. :) 'Miss you so very much! The street evangelism sounds like it was an incredible blessing--both to the servants and to the served. I do wish I could see you, but I'll "keep the porch light burning", until you decide to return home to us, once more. All my love, dear one...

Jordan, I'm so pleased to hear you had a good holiday. Independence Day is a wonderful thing, is it not? :) By the way, I love learning new vocabulary, so please give a definition for "frabjous". I could start guessing, but I might embarrass myself. :) Thanks for the congratulations. I think I'll share the good wishes with my sister, too; it'll "make her day" to hear that someone else in the world was excited about our "victory". :)

Blessings to each and every one of you! Sleep well...

July 06, 2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

frabjous is a word that is real in some people's world. i would be delighted for you to join that realm. it comes from a line in the "jabberwocky", by lewis carol. "...oh frabjous day, callou, callay, he chortled in his joy..." if you would really like to expand your vocabulary i can give you the whole thing (which i have memorized in its entirety) and you will learn many new words whos definitions you can only guess from their mysterious noises and contexts. i recommend that you memorize it at once. oh, and my best translation is that frabjous is a fantastic combo of fabulous and joyous. yes. mhmm.

July 08, 2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Funny you just wrote. I just got home and sat down to look at my world of the web. :) I've not read jabberwocky since junior high...what great memories. Thanks for the definition; I figured fabulous had to figure in there somewhere. I hope the remaining moments of your day are frabjous in every way. :)

July 08, 2006 12:31 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Paige and I had not realized that you were blogging regularly so I've been catching up on your entries. 'Tis a pleasure to read about your days and your thoughts...

July 08, 2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Welcome, Rhonda! :) I think I owe my current state of blogging bliss to you, if I remember correctly. :) It's a pleasure to hear from you...

July 08, 2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

I LOVE LEWIS CAROL!! *sigh* Ah, the memories...

p.s. I miss you!

xoxo.

July 08, 2006 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home