For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hours ago, I bid my beloved brothers farewell. Brent (16) and Bryan (12) are to be ministering in missions to Mexico for the next several days, and I know God will greatly use them for His Kingdom, as long as their hearts remain submitted to His perfect will. My, I miss them already, but I'll be praying for them and looking forward to having them back again with me, 'ere long. :)

"Miss you, miss you, miss you;
Everything I do
Echoes with the laughter
And the joy of you.
You're on every corner,
Every turn and twist,
Every old familiar spot
Whispers how you're missed..."


Well, my dear ones will still be held in my thoughts and prayers, even when they are beyond the embraces of my arms. In the meantime, Daddy, Mother, Anna (8), Peter (6), and I will be "holding down the fort" and anxiously awaiting their safe return, by the grace of God. :)


"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in everyway. The Lord be with you all." II Thessalonians 3:16

2 Comments:

Blogger Luddie said...

Hello Amy,

Thanks for your uplifting posts and comments. I definitely miss Texas, even the heat you describe. :)

Out of curiosity, who is your LETU friend? I have a guess, but it's only a guess, so I'm curious who it is.

June 10, 2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

'Wonderful to hear from you. You're really welcome. Thanks for saying hello. :)

Ah, yes...it would be helpful to give my dear one an identity. :) I'm a friend of Paige Garner's. I've helped lead worship at her home church in Boerne for 5 years. :) We were both "charter members", and she was one of the first to ever "draw me in" as a friend...sweet girl.

I'm glad you wrote. :) You're in my prayers always; I know a lot about what it's like to be a long way from home. Ministry sometimes requires a sojourner's heart of sorts. :)

I'll keep enjoying my beloved Texas (and its heat) for your sake. :) Many blessings to you!

June 10, 2006 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home