For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tonight is a night of beautiful rarity. I've mostly finished all of worth that needed to be done, and I think it shall not be long until I can rest. God has been very gracious simply to multiply what I was able to accomplish in the hours given, this day. :)

I've already completed my journaling for the evening and just set the last word to the last page of the little volume. I'll look forward to purchasing a new one tomorrow. This is my sixth journal to finish in the past two years, since I began the nightly writing, and I'm so blessed to see that God has strengthened me to stay faithful to the cause. (Someday, I pray my progeny will find many lessons of worth and even some glimpses of humor in the humble happenings of my everyday life.) :)

For now, I must turn to my devotions for the evening. However, I think I'll share a small portion of my reading with you, my friends, before I say farewell...

"...In a time of favor I have answered you; in a day of salvation I have helped you; I will keep you and give you as a covenant to the people, to establish the land, to apportion the desolate heritages, saying to the prisoners, 'Come out,' to those who are in darkness, 'Appear.' They shall feed along the ways; on all bare heights shall be their pasture; they shall not hunger or thirst, neither scorching wind nor sun shall strike them, for He Who has pity on them will lead them, and by the streams of water will guide them." Isaiah 49:8-10

May you each be greatly blessed by the Lord, this evening. Rest well. Goodnight! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

man, i love the book of isaiah.

i was wondering... if you would mind if i asked you a question about your writing..? it's nothing bad of course. i don't suppose you're the type to let comments rub you the wrong way. course, if you are, your neck is probably already prickling, and i'll just run away. very fast i would guess.

May 25, 2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I've been out of town and just had the opportunity to "check back in" with my site. I love Isaiah, too. :)

Ask away...I don't bleed too easily, at least not that people can see. :)

Bye! :)

May 26, 2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

well then, i guess i can just ask and let you bleed quietly to yourself.

it's not necessarily about your writing style per se, since that could have lots of meanings. but i guess that's really what it is. ok, i'll just be blunt. you don't talk the way you write, right? your comments usually seem a little more casual, but of course they're short. sometimes it sounds like the words are old-english-esque, if you know what i mean. for example, this is what i'm referring to: "May you each be greatly blessed by the Lord, this evening," or "God has been very gracious simply to multiply what I was able to accomplish in the hours given, this day." i promise i'm not in any way ridiculing the contents of these sentences, just curious why you choose to (almost) always write in that way.

don't bleed.

if you are so inclined, you don't have to make long comments on here like i just did. if you're interested in having any discussions feel free to email me.
drpeppper00(at)aim(dot)com.

May 27, 2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You "pegged me"! :) I'll explain in as few words as possible...

When comments are "short and sweet", I'm highly influenced by the humor of my younger brother...hence, short words, short sentences, and quick humor. When I'm sitting down to write simply "what I want to say", I write in much the same way as I always have. It's probably due, in large part, to the fact that most of what I ever read as a child was written in a time when all the world was still in the "Old English" mindset.

I'm making things too complicated, honestly. To answer the questions asked of me, I speak almost like a "normal person". I just use a bit more vocabulary and more complicated sentence structures than most peopole usually employ. :) I've always written in an "old-fashioned way", but I'm not too likely to change after more than a score of years. :)

Thanks for the feedback; it's always much appreciated...

May 27, 2006 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home