For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Sunday, May 28, 2006

A busy day is drawing to its close, at long last. It's so good to finally sit down and just take a moment's rest. :) Our family's Sundays begin very early, as we are responsible for leading worship in a Baptist church about thirty minutes away. It's always a great blessing to be before the Lord in such a way, but a tremendous will power is required of me during the first service's sermon, in order to keep my eyes from "glazing over" in sleep deprivation. :) I must, however, not lead you to believe the expositions dull in any way. I commend my pastor for the excellence of the word he shared today from Philippians 2. It's rather humbling, honestly, that the Son of God would, "not counting equality with God a thing to be grasped", choose to take on the form of a bond-servant of a fallen humanity. How very much that thought fills me with a desire to be ever willing to serve, no matter what He requires of me.
"...But drops of grief can ne'er repay
The debt of love I owe.
Here, Lord, I give myself to Thee.
'Tis all that I can do..."
After the morning services were completed, I stopped by a friend's horse farm for a little while. It was a glorious day out, and the hour spent in the company of such a dear woman could not have been more pleasant. My little sister, Anna, is getting a miniature horse from this farm very soon, and we all wanted to say hello to the little mare, Joanna, too. You must understand that our family already has a very well established menagerie, but "where there's room in the heart, there's room in the home", or stable, in this case. :) Dear Anna couldn't be more thrilled, especially since we're building Joanna her own miniature yard and tiny stable to match her slight build.
Papa and I went to buy all the posts and planks for the fencing today, and the excursion turned out to be more enjoyable than most would think. (I love the scent of freshly hewn lumber, always have.) :) As I was helping Daddy hoist all of the boards atop our Suburban roof-rack, another shopper came out to the parking lot and, after a few moments, could no longer stand the sight of me and my feeble attempts at helping. I was on my very tippy-toes, reaching as far as I could to get the lumber where it belonged. The man came over with a good-natured grin and absolutely insisted on taking my place; he chuckled and told my father that I was "vertically challenged". I have to admit, 5'3" doesn't "go too far". :)
Anyway, all is well here, and I'm a blessed woman, indeed. I'm surrounded by a family I adore and a menagerie of which I try to be fond. :) God has seen to it that my life is full of many people and creatures to nourish in some way, and that makes me both contented and fulfilled. :)
Goodnight, friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

thanks for you comments. just so you know i did ready them, in spite of the fact that that was days ago and on a previous post.

your snack from yesterday sounds divine. maybe. i've never had hot rasberry.

i that was cool when you referred to you "papa" in this post, cuz that's what we call my dad. and then you said daddy later, and i realized when you said papa you were probably talking about your grandad. do you have grandparent's living nearby?

and yes, 5'3" is vertically challenged. my little brother is definitely more than a foot taller than you. hahahaha

May 29, 2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'll have to post a raspberry-jalapeno recipe here, sometime; that way you can try it and see if it "suits you". :)

My Papa is lavished in "endearments" by the children in our family. I call him Daddy, Dad, and other things, too. :)

I wish my grandparents were nearby...I live most of my life missing them. Many of my loved ones have preceeded me to meet Christ in Heaven, but oh, how I treasure the ones that remain. :) One Grandmother lives in Austin, and my Grandad and his wife live there, too. So I actually get to see them occasionally. (This Friday, for example...Grandpa having a fish fry.) :) My Grandma and her sweet husband have a delightful farm in the Tyler area. I adore them and the beautiful land there; 'wish I could visit more often. (My, that was quite a long dialogue...sorry about that.) :)

I'm sure your little brother is more than a foot taller than me. :) So is my little brother (or, at least, he's close); he's 16 and just brushing 6'2".

Bye!

May 30, 2006 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home