For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Well, I'm afraid the last two days have been difficult to bear, and I'm sorry that I've forsaken my little attempts of words left here. I learned yesterday that a lifelong friend of mine was deserting everything of the life he has always known in Christ and is leaving his family to follow a path completely opposed to all that God has ever set forth as honorable, just, pure, lovely... and my heart is reeling with sorrow, as I watch what my friend is doing. God created me as an exhorter in spirit, and almost all I do is motivated by a passion to help others be all they can be in Christ. When, suddenly, a loved one has "gone off the deep end" and the only one to hear my words is my Savior, my soul finds that even in pain, God will be my refuge and peace. So, tonight, I'll leave you dear ones with some Scriptures that He's brought to strengthen me, during these past two days and, actually, many in the years long since gone. Perhaps, some of them may bless your soul in a time of need...

Psalm 62:1-2, Psalm 63:1-8, Psalm 43:5, Deuteronomy 4:29-31, Jeremiah 1:7-8, Isaiah 35:3-7, Isaiah 40:11, Romans 8:26-28, Ezekiel 37:23, Matthew 10:26-31, John 10:10-11, Genesis 50:20...

In these coming days, I'll be doing all I can to fulfill what I believe God's asked of me. May He give me strength to faithfully follow His leading. "And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstance; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." I Thessalonians 5:9

So, my friends, I will rest myself tonight in the promises and purposes of God. I know they are so far beyond the earthly paradigm that mortal eyes can behold at this time. Above all else, I know that I can trust my precious Savior to be faithful and to be working "all things together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose".

2 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

tough times. i'm sorry to hear about that. i have experienced something very similar, if not the same thing as you are, with a dear friend of the family as well as a buddy of mine. it's a heart-rending thing to see someone rejecting all their faith, hope and love in christ jesus. but god knows those who are his. pray with all your might. he loves to hear his children. he also longs to show his mercy. of course you know these things. god bless.

June 02, 2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I thank you for the words of encouragement and kindness. I know so well that God loves to hear His children, so I'm truly "praying without ceasing". Please keep us all in your prayers, too. Thanks!

June 03, 2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home