For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I know this note will fall under the heading of June 15th, but its heart filled my thoughts all day long...on the 14th, our nation's "Flag Day". Please forgive the tardiness with which it is being shared, my friends, but perhaps, the words may have some purpose yet... God bless you all! :)

Freedom's Flag

Breezes gentle, galestorms fierce…
There in sun and storm
Flies a banner of my land;
Of sacrifice ‘tis borne.

Crimson stripes, and blue and white,
With stars therein are lain;
I see the glory birthed of those
Who only saw the pain.

In that “simple” piece of cloth,
With lowly thread to bind,
Is every member of this nation
Bound in heart and mind.

We, therein, find memories of
Our freedom bought by blood.
Honor drives us each to give
In courage, faith, and love.

I see so much more, howe’er,
Behind this flag I laud.
There through ages, long-since passed,
Has stood the hand of God.

Long ago, another banner
Flew so high above—
A canopy ‘twixt earth and heaven,
Of Atonement’s blood.

In that banner was enthroned
The love that made us free.
In that grace I pray my land
Shall find its liberty.

Not until we’ve bowed our hearts
Unto our Sovereign Lord,
Will the flags we see today
Say peace has found this world.

Yet, today, I’ve raised my eyes
To find a flag still waves.
It ever shall remind me of
The mysteries of grace…

Our fathers formed this land at cost
Of life, and peace, and years.
Our Savior cleansed humanity
And beckoned them come near.

A flag of red, white, and blue
So bravely waves above,
But crimson flowed to save my soul.
That banner o’er me is Love.

So forevermore I’ll cherish
Grace that set me free.
America, I pray this Grace
Will be received by thee.

Look unto the flag that flies
And grateful you shall be;
But lift your face still higher,
And your Savior you shall see…

For far beyond the things of earth
And kingdoms built by men,
You’ll, one day, see that Providence
Our freedom’s flag has been.

06-14-06 Amy

2 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

oooh, somebody was up late posting. tsk tsk tsk. i'm a bit behind on my reading of blogs. i see you posted a picture! that's a fine pup you've got there. must hit the sack. lata!

June 15, 2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm always up far too late; however, it is a bit unusual that I was posting at that hour. :) I guess timestamps leave me no way of covering my tracks, and people just have to see the disfunctional nature of the hours I keep. :)

Yes, she's certainly a fine pup. Thank you. I'll be sure to give her your regards. :)

'Hope you get a good night's sleep! Blessings!

June 15, 2006 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home