For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

My walk this evening was graced by a beautiful moon, and the hour spent in its company has made me long to read some poetry tonight before bed. (Does that make as little sense to you as it does to me?) I'll have to pull down my favorite compilation and revel in some of the lovely words. :)

I was much encouraged by a wonderful worship service, this morning. Our pastor spoke from John 4, and I was thrilled when he began because this particular passage is one of my favorites. It's always emboldened me to "go the extra mile" to find people "where they are" and share with them the matchless grace of my beloved Savior.

My mother and I lead the worship team at our church, and very late last night, I realized that I had never secured someone to sing an offertory for this week. (Yes, such things do slip my mind, at times.) :) Since I knew I would be responsible for doing it in about nine or ten hours, I asked the Lord to impress on my heart what He would like me to sing, and He sent a beautiful song. I was up "into the wee hours" writing it, but it was really used to touch the people's heart, this morning, and I'm so humbled and blessed that the Lord saw fit to honor such a request, yet again.

This afternoon held a "should've been 3o-minute, turned 2 hour" nap, and I was grateful that Sunday is set aside as a day of rest. Otherwise, I would have felt quite guilty for such an indulgence. :) When I rose, however, I was much more equipped to help out with all the little things that make a home function best...like clean dishes, vacuumed floors, etc. :) I even got an opportunity to go outside and work, for a little while. Papa and I are still digging post holes for my little sister's miniature horse stable, and our bedrock-ridden ground certainly requires quite an investment of time. :)

I'd best say goodnight now and go to my devotions and journaling. I might even get a chance to read a bit of poetry, too. I'm so grateful to God for all his wondrous blessings that we, oft times, don't even notice...full moons, night breezes, fellowship with His Body, loving family, even hard labor that strengthens our bodies and minds. :) I hope that you, too, have had a good Lord's day and will be much blessed in the days to come, as you seek to follow Christ and love Him above all else...

"Now to Him Who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen"
Ephesians 3:20

Farewell, my friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home