For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Sunday, June 18, 2006

This is the day dedicated to fathers, and I couldn't let it pass without saying that I have the dearest one for whom I could ever have hoped. God has been so good to me...

Papa knows how to laugh "with the best of them", how to make the best brownies in the world (the Duncan Hines special), and how to correct me, when I'm in need of guidance. He, also, has enough sensitivity to simply be with me in quietness, when life has grown trying.

He never goes to bed or says goodbye on the phone without, first, telling me he loves me. After twenty-one years, however, it's not all the times he's told me that have made that sentiment a part of my heart; it's all the unspoken and seemingly unseen expressions of love that have filled my every moment since the day I was born to him and my precious mother.

I find I am at a loss of words with which to truly show my gratitude, so all I can say is, "I love you, my dearest Daddy. You've been the greatest father I could ever have desired, but the best thing you've ever done for me is showing me how to love our Father in heaven. He has created all, and I'm so blessed that He fashioned you and then placed me in your arms...and in your heart. Thank you for being forever an expression of His love to me. I'll cherish you always."

I pray you will all be blessed with a wonderful Fathers' Day. If no earthly Daddy is able to hear your voice, I pray you'll raise it to your Father in Heaven. He loves you more than life, and His heart longs to hear you call His name.

Many blessings, my dear ones. Happy Fathers' Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home