For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hello, my friends! I know I've not been very faithful in tending my garden of words here, but I decided to sit for just a little while tonight and write, before I go find the haven of my bed. :)

I'll share one of my favorite passages with you. It's been on my heart all this evening, and perhaps, it may mean something to another's heart, as well. God be with you all! :)

"Oh God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary, beholding Your power and glory. Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; in Your name I will lift up my hands. My soul shall be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise You with joyful lips, when I remember You upon my bed, and meditate upon You in the watches of the night; for You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to You..." Psalm 63:1-8a

The "watches of the night" have been some of the most precious times of my entire existence, and I would not trade their quiet communion with my Father for anything this world could ever offer. I pray we will never cease to thirst for Him, that our desperation for His love will never find an end. It is that thirsting of our souls that drives us to seek His sanctuary,and in that holy place, we are satisfied with the living waters that are the outpouring of His mercy and grace. Oh, blessed is the yearning that drives me to You, my precious Savior!

I pray you will each continue to grow closer to Jesus, with every day and every moment that He gives you upon this earth. Blessings to you, my friends...

6 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

those are wonderful verses. thank you for posting them.

btw, you actually can get around the timestamp function on your posts. as far as i know, you should be able to go back and edit your post and simply change the time (or even the date) that it was put up.

June 22, 2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Well, you're one of the few people who read this blog, and you already know my time dysfunctionality, so I guess I really have nothing to try hiding anymore. :) Thank you for your help and friendship, too!

I love those verses; they've always been dear to my heart. I'm glad to hear you liked them, too.

I'm glad you're "out there". Your camaraderie makes blogging truly enjoyable. :)

'Hope all is well with you!

June 22, 2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

all is almost, well. except for this accursed angry inflamation of the epidermis.

did you know i have a cousin who lives in san antonio? of course you didn't. but now you do. so wutchoo gon' do 'bout dat?? i have no idea why i said that, but it sounded funny. lata!

June 24, 2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You're right; that did sound funny. :) Your cousin will just have to come visit my church some Sunday when our family's leading worship and say hello. :)

...And I can't believe I forgot to mention the poison ivy--I know, I'm terrible. :) I really am sorry about that. I've managed to get through life without ever having it, but my mother was a nurse for a long time, and when she ended up with a pretty bad case, even she gave up on "self-treatment" and ended up getting a perscription. :) By the way, once you've had a bad case, if you ever come in contact with poison ivy again, the second case is far, far worse! So,take good care of yourself and stay away from anything with three green leaves and red stems. :) (Calamine lotion helps a lot, too!)

Alright, so that was a long dialogue. I guess that's what happens when one is, also, the daughter of a nurse. :)

Get well soon! :)

June 24, 2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

unfortunately, i'm pretty sure my cousin would never go visit your church. unless i was there and convinced her to go with me, both of which are highly unlikely. but whatever.

as for second cases of poison ivy... i've broken out in it more times than i can count. sometimes it's worse than others. and yes, i'm strongly considering some perscription stuff. the home remedy (the execution of which i conducted secretly so as to avoid any friendly mocking) doesn't really work. i coated one section of my leg in a briny vinegar solution worthy of a barrel of salt pork. it itches just as much today as yesterday.

June 24, 2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Friendly mocking? :) I should certainly hope not. All the same, I'm sorry you're itching as much today as yesterday...no fun, that's for sure.

June 24, 2006 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home