For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

As my dearest brother informs me, I have yet to write anything about him. I don't know how that happened, but I'm not about to slight my sweet Bryan. So...this little entry is dedicated to him. :)

Bryan is 12 years old and a bundle of joy and energy. When he was much younger, we all called him our "bumble bee" because he was always "buzzing" everywhere. :) His other well-deserved nickname was "Sunshine" because he would never get up in the morning and greet us without a huge smile and lots of love to brighten our day. :)

Now he's all grown up and is still a sweetheart. When he's not building a hideout, he's training his white lab; when he's not climbing a tree, he's scraping a knee, in the process of trying one of his multiple bicycle stunts. :) Somewhere in the midst of all this boyhood, I try to give him an education--not always easy to keep him in a desk, but he's a clever boy when I can manage to keep him there.

He's given me the gift of striving for excellence in his musical endeavors. He knows how very much worship means to me and to God, and Bryan's tried very hard to do his best with violin, piano, guitar, and bass. In fact, he's playing bass, right now, for our church's music team. I'm so proud of him, and I can't wait to see how God will use the investment Bryan's made in His kingdom. :)

Bryan is our mercy spirit. If you ever need a friend to keep you company while you're up folding laundry alone at midnight, it is he whose hand you'll feel patting your shoulder and asking to help you. If a woman has far too many things she's carrying, he's the first to run across a parking lot and go help her. If I'm just needing a little encouragement in the day, he reaches over and squeezes my hand three times--our little code for "I love you," and I respond with four squeezes to say, "I love you, too." :)

All in all, he's a precious boy, and I'm blessed beyond measure that God has given me such a loving brother. So this day I'll dedicate to Bryan...I pray that God will continue to grow you in His grace and strength. I love you. (3 squeezes) :)

2 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

well it's certainly a pleasure meeting you bryan!

i see bryan has a special dog too, though of a smaller, less-hairy variety.

hope you're having a great week! lata

June 28, 2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Bryan says it's a pleasure to meet you, too. (P.S. His dog is far smarter than mine, but don't tell him I said that!) :)

The week's going great. All my best! :)

June 29, 2006 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home