For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Friday, June 30, 2006

Anna's newest little blessing in life has joined our family today, a miniature horse named Joanna. The new addition to our "family menagerie" is long-awaited and has proven herself a sweetheart, indeed. Everyone is so happy that she is now settled in; perhaps, life can settle down, too. :) Throughout the past three weeks, our entire family has been working, night and day, to ready our "homestead" for her arrival. There was a new stable to be built, a beautiful fence to be raised, and much more. I look back and smile as I recall all that was accomplished because God graciously allowed me to have a hand in every part of it. :)

Few things are as fulfilling as a good night's rest, after a wearying day of work well-done. I'm truly grateful for every blessing the Lord has placed in my life--love and fellowship of family, growth of mind, nourishment of spirit, even the strengthening value of hard labor. Now I turn, with fond recollections, to find the rest so needed, after a day so sweetly fulfilling. :)

I pray each of you have recognized the hand of our loving God, weaving His beauty through your lives, this day. Many blessings fall upon you all!

2 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

how exciting! a new little horse! how long before you can ride it??

i have two more days off from work, so i'm excited about that too. course, it means i'm making less money too. oh well. just yesterday i received a load of relief for the fall in the form of a pell grant, which will greatly reduce my discomfort for the next two semesters. god takes such good care of us. far more blessing than i deserve. lol! thank god it's not based on what i deserve!

have a great week!

p.s. just kidding about riding. ;-)

July 02, 2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Unfortunately, I don't believe any riding is in her forecast. :) (but...she can pull a cart...pretty neat, right?) I'll try to post a picture of her soon. :)

It'll be nice for you to enjoy a couple more days off. I rescheduled all my lessons so that I could have Independence Day off. :) (I'm working through the summer--it's the only way I can keep up with my missions and educational expenses.) :) I'm glad the grant came through for you. Yes, God takes wondrous care of us--it's still a wonder to me.

You have a great week, too!

July 03, 2006 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home