For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I have to admit, I promised several of you that I would post pictures soon...a long while ago. Forgive my tardiness in fulfilling my word. Though late in coming, I hope you'll enjoy a few glimpses into family life. :)

This first picture is one of my dear sister, Anna. (She's the one on the right, of course.) :) Her sweet, little companion is named Joanna and is the instigator of all my back-breaking, stable-building labor, of the past month or so. :) They're both quite lovable, I must say; the work was hardly comparable to wanting to bless my "long-prayed-for" sister and her new little friend. :)
This second photo shows what the first could not display in entirety...that Joanna's a creature of great beauty. :) I'm still amazed at how wondrously God creates all the life we see around us. From the microscopic to the magnificent, everything reminds me that my Lord loves to design everything as a reflection of His character, beauty, and purpose.


This one is being included because... well because... To be honest, I'm not quite sure why it's being included, except that it was vulnerably sitting on my desktop, saying, "I feel so ignored, so utterly neglected." So, not wanting to discourage the poor, little picture, I've posted it, as well. True story now...it was a lovely day, and my brother just wanted to take my picture, so I'm sharing it with all of you. :)


Here's a gathering of some of my dear ones... From left to right: Gen. Engel, Peggy, Amy (me), and David. We were just finishing a delicious meal, and seeing my camera come out, the server said, "Let me take the picture for you!" (He certainly earned his tip. I love it when people "go the extra mile", even in showing the most simple consideration.) :) At that point, the realization was just starting to "dawn on me" that I'd soon be bidding the General farewell.

Last one...I promise. :) I just loved this picture of Daddy and Mother. I thought those of you who know them would enjoy seeing them again, and that those of you who don't know them might enjoy making their acquaintance. Also, I thought the photo would be something endearing to keep me company when I check on my site... :) Aren't they sweet? I'm blessed beyond measure to have such incredible parents. I certainly never deserved such grace of God. :)

Well, that's all for tonight, my friends. I hope you all are blessed with a wonderful week, and I send my best wishes and prayers to you all! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

Could you make me miss you any more?!? *grin* I'm counting the days until I'll see y'all again...give Anna Grace a hug for me, and the rest of the family as well...so I guess that's actually six hugs total, and ask Anna Grace to give you a hug for me, too. (I've found it, well, not impossible, but rather odd to hug oneself. :p)

Thanks for posting pictures...as I have more photos, I'll upload them, as well. :D Byebye for now!

xoxo.

July 12, 2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Ok...so I couldn't stand it saying "1 comments." (Stupid English-major brain!) So I'm commenting again--besides, I wasn't sure you'd go back far enough (on my blog) to find my end of year video that I posted a while ago...if you click here, it should take you to the video. I think you'd enjoy it, although it might take a few minutes to load...it's kind of long.

Love you!

July 12, 2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks, dear one! I'll check it out. :) (Did I just end a sentence with a preposition?) Never mind me; I'm just giving you a hard time. I hate to see "1 comments", too. I'd love to take a look at the video, and I'll be sure to do so, before long. :) Love you!

July 12, 2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hello, Hailey :) Congratulations on setting up a blog! It looks like a wonderful site, and I'm proud of you. :)

Yes, my hair definitely sets me apart from most--and I don't mean that in a prideful way, I assure you. I've just been blessed with an unusual array of tresses. :) (I should own shares in a hair gel company, by this time.) :) In perfect honesty, I'm grateful God created me, just the way I am; we have such a gracious, loving Father!

My parents really are dears. :)

My very best to you, Hailey!

July 13, 2006 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home