For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Monday, July 31, 2006

Tonight, I thought I would simply share one of my favorite Scriptures with each of you, my friends. Perhaps, it may give to your hearts the same strength and peace it offers mine. :) You're all so precious to your Father's heart...never forget how dearly He loves you.

"For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:14-21

I'll say good night for now, but I hope you will all be blessed with a wonderful day tomorrow--full of opportunities to grow in Christ more and more. :) Thank you all for caring enough to share your time with me here...it means a lot. All my best!

4 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

so i was chuckling aobut your comment to your previous post. then i read this one. i was enjoying the scripture, and not at all expecting to laugh. but then i suddenly came accross something i couldn't believe. it was amazing. YOU SPELLED FULNESS WITH TWO L'S!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for making my day. ;)

August 01, 2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

so now that i've had my laugh, i've checked dictionary.com and sobered up a little bit. i found that a search for fullness yields one list of definitions, and a search for fulness has one alteration at the end:

FULLNESS n 1: completeness over a broad scope [syn: comprehensiveness] 2: the property of a sound that has a rich and pleasing timbre [syn: mellowness, richness] 3: the condition of being filled to capacity [ant: emptiness] 4: greatness of volume [syn: voluminosity, voluminousness]

FULNESS fulness

(1.) Of time (Gal. 4:4), the time appointed by God, and foretold by the
prophets, when Messiah should appear.

(2.) Of Christ (John 1:16), the
superabundance of grace with which he was filled.

(3.) Of the Godhead bodily
dwelling in Christ (Col. 2:9), i.e., the whole nature and attributes of God are
in Christ.

(4.) Eph. 1:23, the church as the fulness of Christ, i.e., the church
makes Christ a complete and perfect head.

August 01, 2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Well, I'm not even sure what definition I would have used... both seem to carry equal significance in the topic at hand. :)

You're right KJV definitely says "fulness".

Now...for my confession...

I didn't actually type the Scripture. :) I thought I'd do myself a midnight favor in the area of time conservation. I knew what passage I wanted and copied/pasted it from the internet. (I should have known better--definitely will now!) :)

Actually, it's all rather amusing, is it not? Thanks for bringing me a smile and for saying hello again, too!

August 02, 2006 1:29 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Great news, Deborah! I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit. :) I'm sure your site will do wonderfully.

I look forward to seeing you at church. :)

August 04, 2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home