For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Monday, August 14, 2006

This seemed, to me, a good night in which to share some photos with all of you. :) I hope you'll enjoy a glimpse of our family life.

This is my sweet Anna (8). She and all her friends had gathered at a home to enjoy a "welcome home" tea for a little girl named Yvette. Yvette had a nearly-fatal accident years ago, and God somehow allowed her to survive, bringing Himself immense glory , in the process. The little girl will never be "the same" again, but in one sense, I think she will be better. Her heart is an amazing testimony to loving God, even through the worst that can find us. She serves in her family's ministry with tireless dedication, and she's only twelve years old. That , my friends, is humbling. Her life is one of the greatest gifts the Lord has ever given my sister, Anna. Their friendship has been an absolute joy to witness. Yvette had spent about a month traveling the U.S. with her parents, and she wanted to show her friends all the photos from the journey. She hosted a tea, and I was fortunate enough to be invited, too. I have the great honor of being her mentor. :)

This is just a picture Bryan took while we were visiting the zoo, a few days ago. I've been visiting this beloved zoo for years and years, and I must admit, I'm uncommonly fond of it, or at least, of the memories that surround the place. :) I like this building, especially. It's the aviary, and there are all manner of marvelous birds housed there. (In truth, I'm probably more drawn to the unusual construction of the building and its air conditioning.) :)

Now, you must understand, I absolutely adore these kids. I'm such a blessed sister. They are, from left to right, Peter (6), Bryan (12), and Anna (8). You still have yet, I believe, to meet Brent (17 nearly), but he's a dear, too. This picture was taken at the San Antonio Zoo, also. I think they're somewhere near the the Komodo Dragon or Reticulated Python exhibit. (Not my favorite area of the park, I concede.) :)

Ah, yes...a picture of my beloved harp. God provided it through an absolute miracle of His grace. Isn't He so good to His children? Any of you "music lovers" would have a great deal of fun in our living room. At the moment, it's filled with two grand pianos, a guitar, an electric bass, nine violins, one viola, a cello, Irish whistles, recorders, two concert harps, and a more expansive worship library than you could hope to find anywhere else in the city. :) One of the pianos belongs to a missionary couple that was serving in Sri Lanka. (They arrived there only a week before the infamous tsunami of 2004 struck. They ended up being the main liaisons between the government there and all the aid organizations seeking to serve the people.) They sold everything they owned, before going on the mission field and were going to sell us this piano, too. It's a lovely instrument, but we felt very strongly that they should keep it for the sake of their young daughter, who was showing an uncanny aptitude for music, even at the age of three. Obviously, they would be unable to carry the piano across the ocean with them, so we offered to "board" it in our home, until they returned to the U.S. They returned here, last year, after having poured themselves out as an offering for the Lord and the people of Sri Lanka. Just today, I received a call that they were finally safely settled in a home and were able to receive their instrument. I'm so happy for them, and I've been blessed to have the piano with me, for the past two years. It has been a constant reminder to lift them in prayer, and I'll cherish its company for a few more days until it departs on Wednesday.

I think these are the only interesting photos I have available to share tonight. Perhaps, more will surface later. :) I pray God will bless each of you and continue to hold you in His precious hands. All my love, dear ones! Have a wonderful week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

I do love your living room, and I miss it immensely! All that music, coupled with the memories... However, I miss you even more. And I must say, I didn't recognize Peter Benjamin...oh my goodness, he's so grown up! *blink*

I love you, Amy! See you Sunday! Are you free anytime before Sunday? I'm still trying to come up with a special for service...*sigh* I get home from WA Thursday. Call me!!

August 14, 2006 11:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Somedays, even I don't recognize Peter Benjamin. :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing you on Sunday! Do you have any ideas of what you want to do for your offertory?

I'd love to see you before Sunday; I'm not sure I'm going to be home, anytime before then. :) We'll have to see. (I think I may end up with some extra time on Saturday, maybe between 11am and 3 pm?) I'll call you. :)

You're loved, as always. Have a safe trip! Jul-goun yahang-ul hasayo! (Sorry...I was in the mood for some Korean, and you're, likely, the only one who would let me get away with such folly.) :)

August 15, 2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

You make me giggle.

August 15, 2006 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Amy!
I loved the picture of Anna at the table, it's so full of motion you feel a little like you're there! And the picture of Anna, Bryan, and Peter was so funny because Peter looks exactly like a little Brent and I hadn't noticed it until just then.
Talk to you later!

August 15, 2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

i could hardly believe your description of your living room. man i wish i could be in there! sounds like instrument heaven on earth. would you mind if i comment on the last picture? never mind the harp - you and your hair look absolutely gorgeous! wow! okay, i'm finished. i'll just be over here blushing.

p.s. you added word verification. :-(

August 15, 2006 11:29 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ah, hello, my friends! 'Glad you stopped by, and I'm so sorry I'm, only now, responding. :)

Deb, I, too, really love that picture. Thanks for enjoying it with me. Isn't it incredible how some pictures can transport you to a completely different place in the world? :) Actually, I hadn't noticed how much Peter looks like a little Brent, until you mentioned it, but my goodness, he does! (I guess that means he'll be a dashingly handsome man someday.) :)

Jordan, I'm sure you would enjoy music in our home. It's long been a delight of my heart. Thanks for the kindness of the picture comments. And you think you're blushing! It must have just been somehthing in the camera lense. Just kidding. :) Obviously, I had nothing to do with how I was made, so I'll pass along your regards to God. :) Isn't He such a wonderful, creative Father? Also, I like word verification even less than you do; I just grew weary of editing out fallacious comments and links. Such is the price for safety of my dear readers. :)

I hope all of you will have a wonderful day!

August 16, 2006 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home