For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Monday, November 20, 2006

Tomorrow morning, I'll be leaving for my grandparents' farm in Tyler, and I'm thrilled to be heading "home," or at least to a huge portion of the home of my heart. :) Thanksgiving is soon to greet me, and this most beloved holiday never ceases to bless the deepest parts of my soul.

Before I steal away for the next two weeks, I wanted to take a few moments to say how dear you have all been to me. I'm so grateful that the Lord has seen fit to bring you into my life. You can't know what joy and encouragement you've brought, time after time, and I can only say...Thank you ever so much, my precious friends.

I'll close with the lyrics of a beautiful song (Nichole Nordeman) I recently heard, when a dear lady in my church shared the recording with me. It's called "Gratitude," and its humble words "speak volumes" about the state of a truly thankful, truly trusting heart. I hope the lyrics will bless each of you.

Gratitude
Send some rain, would You send some rain?
'Cause the earth is dry and needs to drink again
And the sun is high and we are sinking in the shade
Would You send a cloud, thunder long and loud?
Let the sky grow black and send some mercy down
Surely You can see that we are thirsty and afraid
But maybe not, not today
Maybe You'll provide in other ways
And if that's the case ...

We'll give thanks to You with gratitude
For lessons learned in how to thirst for You
How to bless the very sun that warms our face
If You never send us rain

Daily bread, give us daily bread
Bless our bodies, keep our children fed
Fill our cups, then fill them up again tonight
Wrap us up and warm us through
Tucked away beneath our sturdy roofs
Let us slumber safe from danger's view this time
Or maybe not, not today
Maybe You'll provide in other ways
And if that's the case ...

We'll give thanks to You with gratitude
A lesson learned to hunger after You
That a starry sky offers a better view
If no roof is overhead
And if we never taste that bread

Oh, the differences that often are between
Everything we want and what we really need

So grant us peace, Jesus, grant us peace
Move our hearts to hear a single beat
Between alibis and enemies tonight
Or maybe not, not today
Peace might be another world away
And if that's the case ...

We'll give thanks to You with gratitude
For lessons learned in how to trust in You
That we are blessed beyond what we could ever dream
In abundance or in need
And if You never grant us peace ...

But, Jesus, would You please ...

I've been given so many blessings of which I know I'll never be worthy. Even now, I stand humbled by the knowledge that you have each taken me into your hearts and called me friend. That is a gift, indeed...

I appreciate you. I love you. I see God has great things for you.

...and I'm so very grateful.

May each of you have a tremendous Thanksgiving holiday. Remember to treasure it for the holy day that it is, and find joy in thinking of the precious Lord Who gave us everything we'll ever need and so much more than we'd ever have dreamed.

God be with you, dear ones.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a happy Thanksgiving to you. Enjoy your stay with the grandparents. :)

November 21, 2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Amy, you're so much more than my friend...you're my sister. I'm every thankful for you, and I miss you ridiculously much.

How is it that we're always trading places, but we never manage to meet up anywhere? :p

*HUG*

November 21, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Josh, thanks so much for stopping by with the warm wishes. The farm's such a special place, I adore my family, and I'm sure the holiday will be lovely...it always is. :) I hope you'll have a great Thanksgiving, too!

Paigel, you are a sweet sister. I thought, for once, we'd be able to meet in the Longview/Tyler area...so sorry to hear we'll be in different places again. By the way, with all this "trading places," wouldn't you think both of us would at least get a good room remodel out of the deal? :) XOXOXO Enjoy the San Antonio sunshine. :) God bless, sweet girl.

November 21, 2006 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home