For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm gazing through a vast window and find myself mesmerized by the beauty of the day I've discovered outside the confinement of strong walls. Yes, there is plenty of work to do. Yes, I know I should be doing it, even now, but there is such a wonder of seeing my Creator's hand at work. I just simply had to stop a few moments and tell you all how dearly I love Him.

In the sky, I see the infinite measure of His love, the vastness of His divinity, and the incomprehensible span of His mercy. In the trees, gently swaying in an autumn's breeze that's just beyond my grasp, I see the strength of His justice and the unfailing faithfulness for which I adore Him. In the flowers of vibrant hues, I remember that our God is a God of beauty and that, someday, He will bring my soul to its final place of glory before Him... In that place will be beauty such as this world has never known, and I long to see the loveliness of His face.

I'll turn, for now, back to my humble responsibilities of life, but I'll do so, remembering that my Creator God is ever near me. May you, too, feel His presence everywhere you are, this day. He puts so many things in our lives, helping us to remember "How great the Father's love for us."

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

You know, Deb, I don't think I have ever thought of that, but it's extremely true.

I'll take the observation one step closer to home... Do we ever truly realize the beauty of face, or more importantly--of spirit--in one close to us, until time has taken them from our lives? It serves as such a reminder to search for the precious in everything and everyone God places within the sphere of our existence.

I'm so glad you stopped by to say hello. :) I've been "checking in" at your blog rather regularly, and I miss your sweet company. It was a blessing to hear from you today, my friend.

Many blessings!

November 14, 2006 2:37 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

i am very sorry about the loss of your friend. any time i face loss or difficulty i'm so thankful for god's grace and mercy and love to help me get through. i honestly don't know how i could handle it without him. may god bless you, and the family of this boy who died in service.

i enjoyed your words about seeing god in everything around you. lately i've been thinking some of the same things - admiring god's beauty as well as enjoying his presence and serving him in everyday activities, from walking to class or doing something at work. it's good to praise him and always know how near he is. have a good week my friend.

November 15, 2006 1:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jordan. I really appreciate the blessings on everyone. It's been yet another long road to walk, but God's staying near each of us, and I know all will be well--someday, even if not today. :)

I'm glad you're seeing the beauty of God all around you, too; It's a wonderful state in which to live. My greatest delight in life is the warmth of His presence enfolding me... It's so wonderful to know He's ever near. :)

'Glad you came by to say hello! Have a great week...

November 15, 2006 2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Amy,
What a truly blessed friend you have been to me over the years. I am so thankful for each years the Lord gives us. I love you so much.

November 16, 2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Aimee, you're so sweet. I love you, too...very, very dearly. :)

I wanted to give you a call today and found myself constrained by endless classes. :) By the time I was able to talk, I knew it would be far too late and that I'd, more than likely, wake you. I didn't want to do that. :)

'Can't wait to see you or hear from you soon. I'll be praying for you as you head Houstonward. :)

All my love always...

November 17, 2006 12:32 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

I was just thinking the exact same thing the other day--I carted my laptop and my textbooks outside because I simply could not stay indoors while God was gifting me with such a beautiful day.

As the sunshine warmed my skin, I felt God's love wrap around me. Even though I was by myself, I knew I wasn't alone.

Praise our wonderful Father, no?

I love you...

November 17, 2006 12:39 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

No, my dear one... we're never truly alone.

I'm delighted to praise our wonderful Father with you. Nothing gives me greater joy. :)

I love you, too!

P.S. I'm heading "Tylerward," come Tuesday. :) I can't wait to be on the farm. You must love the beauty in that area of the state! God's so good to us all...

November 18, 2006 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home