For the Sake of the Call

...A small glimpse into the life of a girl who adores her Savior, Christ, and finds her delight in serving Him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

I'm the eldest of five children in my family and love them all dearly. :) I've been a Christian since the age of five and have served in church ministry alongside my family for the past fifteen years. I love to sing and enjoy playing violin, piano, and harp, among other instruments. I've worked in the worship ministries of this area since the age of seven. I think I've found one of my life works in composing music; the Lord has sent many songs to me, and I'm trying to be faithful to share them with those for whom they were meant. I teach music lessons several days a week and have realized what a joy it is to influence so many children and others for good. Soon, I'll be opening a music store, Hearts' Home Acoustics, in Boerne, Texas with some precious friends. We'll specialize in exellent instruments and will have a music school, too. I've just graduated from Louisiana Baptist University with a major in Christian Education, a major in Music, and a minor in Bible Studies and Theology. What a blessing to have completed that chapter in my life! Last, but certainly not least, I'm now engaged and soon will be marrying my best friend. How abundant is God's goodness...

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

"Blood alone moves the wheels of history."
--Martin Luther--


Four hundred eighty-nine years ago, one man took an irrevocable step of courage and conviction, nailing ninety-five cries of Scripture to the door of the church in Wittenberg, Germany. The man who was willing to give his very life for God's righteous cause was Martin Luther, and the "paper" he nailed to the door has come to be known as the Ninety-Five Theses, a declaration of the truths of God against an age of tyranny and corruption in an apostate "Christianity." This act brought birth to the Reformation Day we commemorate on this day, the 31st of October.

In honor of the sacrifices Luther made for the sake of spiritual children, yet unseen by his eyes, I'd like to offer a gift of his words to you. We all are children of the Reformation, a fire of passionate love for the Word that was sparked by the undying devotion of a few men. These quotes from Martin Luther are especially meaningful to me...I pray that they may impact your hearts, as well.

"Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times."

"God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars."

"I am more afraid of my own heart than of the pope and all his cardinals. I have within me the great pope, Self."

"People must have righteous principals in the first, and then they will not fail to perform virtuous actions."

"I am afraid that the schools will prove the very gates of hell, unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures and engraving them in the heart of the youth."

"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave."

"No man ought to lay a cross upon himself, or to adopt tribulation, as is done in popedom; but if a cross or tribulation come upon him, then let him suffer it patiently, and know that it is good and profitable for him."

"To gather with God's people in united adoration of the Father is as necessary to the Christian life as prayer."

"How soon not now becomes never."

On his deathbed, in the year 1546, Martin Luther uttered these last words, "Into your hands, I commend my spirit. You have saved me, Father, You faithful God." ...If there's anything I'd wish to leave to those still on this earth, when I am long-since gone to be with my Father God, it would be this: that this precious Father had saved me, had brought me near in His grace, and above all, had forever been faithful. Death has not been brought to me, but life has. In death, my heart is His, and ever so much more...in life. So,"into Your hands, I commend my spirit. You have saved me, Father, You faithful God."

May God be with you, my precious friends. Never forget the great depths of His faithful love. You are dear to His heart and mine, as well. Good night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben R said...

Hey.
Where in history does Martin Luther say 'Blood alone moves the wheels of history'? What's the context? Do you know? Could you tell me?
If you could, I would much appreciate it. It's been bothering me a lot lately.

February 13, 2007 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home